Does anyone have any insights into the following?
There are at least four websites I've come across recently that don't work with Google Chrome when it comes to filling in a form. One of these is even a major Australian government website. Sarah and I, using different IP's and computers, both had the same problem. What confuses me is that if "big" sites have this problem, why isn't there more talk about it?
Until I Gain Some Understanding of the Above...
Until I gain some understanding of the above, I'm not sure what more I, personally, can or should do, to make the new site happen. Here is an email I received the other day with the subject entitled, "Signing Up Sucks"...
It took me 5 or 6 tries to get the last question right, and then it refused to take either my newly-created username OR my email addy. I have been using BIAB for a couple years now, but maybe I don't need to join your forum...
The member did eventually succeed in registering but, I see they still haven't received the apologetic PM I sent them.
I don't blame that person for their email one bit. It's a perfectly logical and reasonable complaint. I actually appreciate them taking the time to complain. How many others can't register here and just give up? Is it just Chrome causing a problem?
Can anyone in IT Step up?
Whilst the person who wrote the email above may have been frustrated (and rightly so), I am way
more frustrated. I hate talking about myself personally, I'm not comfortable with it, it does not interest me. What does excite and interest me is passing on information. I love that! So much so, I stopped work last year to consolidate and structure a new site. That took three months. IT problems, like the one above, took another 6 months and all my savings (about $50,000). The problem was, that as soon as one IT problem was solved, another would pop up.
Where I'm At Now
Mmmmmm. $50,000 dollars is a massive amount of money for me. Whilst it was not that great seeing it steadily and unexpectedly expended on IT stuff, the last few months of being totally or almost completely broke have been very productive; they forced my mind back into the essentials. Any spare thinking time I've had could not be spent on IT, only brewing. Being totally broke and being forced into stepping away from total focus on the new site, paradoxically, lead to more revolutions, especially in the last four weeks - equipment simplification that, once again, paradoxically, enables sophistication. And, all the parts require no manual cleaning!!!
So, I'm stuck with a new site structure and a new revolution in brewing equipment. But, it is going to have to stay in my head until this IT stuff gets sorted - completely. I've tried, and failed, so it's going to have to be up to someone else now I think.