Bloody Bottling Day

If your thread is marked, "Moved," it means that it may also be of value in the forum it has been moved to.

Topic author
xfumbler
Draft
Draft
United States of America
Region: USA & Canada
Preferred Brewing Method: Single-Vessel All-Grain (SVA)
City:

Bloody Bottling Day

Post by xfumbler » 6 months ago

Well this brew isn't going to be as I desired, but it will be what it will be and I can accept that. I was trying for a Kolsch but my mash temps got out of control while I was out refilling the propane tank. I ended up at a FG of 1.022 as opposed to 1.011. Ouch. But that's not the end of it. While bottling my 47 46 bottles of beer (I still haven't started kegging yet... though I might start soon) one bottle shattered as I was capping it with my bench capper. I now have two bandaids on my right hand, and a third on my left as I type this.

I'm working on beer names as I make labels for my beers. Suggested names include:

Hot Mash Kolsch
Broken Bottle
Bloody Bandaid

Suggestions welcome.

Scott
Gold
Gold
United States of America
City:

Re: Bloody Bottling Day

Post by Scott » 6 months ago

Well sorry to hear you had some problems...

Avoid calling it anything with the word "blood" in it or your buddies may not want to try it. :argh:

Wonder if you could do a secondary ferment with a different Yeast to eat up some more sugar before you bottle...? Have never done this before, but believe I've heard of others doing such things. Do a search here and see if it was tried, success or not, etc. And please let us know how it ended up working out.

Topic author
xfumbler
Draft
Draft
United States of America
City:

Post by xfumbler » 6 months ago

Good tip, thanks. :P I carbonated with Krausening so I did add some fresh yeast before bottling.

Muggy Dawson
Gold
Gold
Australia
Region: Oceania
City: Geraldton

Post by Muggy Dawson » 5 months ago

Embrace the bottling, caress and love your bottles and they shall love you back.
Slow down and enjoy.

Some more name suggestions;
- Bottle Shank Kolsch,
- Shatter Mash,
- Prosthetic Kolsch.
Next - Bohemian Pilsner.
Cubed - Sierra Pale.
F.V's - Smokey Dark Ale, Basic Stout.
Briefly Bottled - Basic Stout II, Basic Stout III, Stock Stout, Victory Stout, Southern Cross Pale, Smoked Porter.

Return to “Brew Day Stories and/or Pics”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 2 guests