My First BIAB - Stove top 10 litre batch

If your thread is marked, "Moved," it means that it may also be of value in the forum it has been moved to.

Topic author
musleyhill
Draft
Draft
Great Britain
Region: Europe
Preferred Brewing Method: Hopped Malt Extract (HME)
City: London

My First BIAB - Stove top 10 litre batch

Post by musleyhill » 11 months ago

I have always brewed from kits – I got the bug from my Dad over 30 years ago, but hadn’t brewed for a while until 2 – 3 years ago. I could afford better kits now so started to use 2 can “premium” kits like Woodforde Wherry. I brewed this for Christmas 2015 along with a nostalgic budget kit for comparison. Both were drinkable but the Wherry was great – a beautifully clear, deep ruby red and somehow, they lasted until October.  Actually, there is still a bit of the budget kit left!
It struck me that kit brewing is a curious hobby – I spent a lot of time cleaning and sanitising but the creativity and crafting was limited to boiling a kettle twice and stirring with style.
I have been reading on the BIABrewer.info forum for a while and decided mini BIAB – 10 litre batches on the stove top would give me the opportunity to experiment with reasonable batches.  The attached file documents my experience of first time BIAB - any advice would be really appreciated.
Ed
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mad_Scientist
Gold
Gold
United States of America
Region: USA & Canada
Preferred Brewing Method: Single-Vessel All-Grain (SVA)
City:

Re: My First BIAB - Stove top 10 litre batch

Post by Mad_Scientist » 11 months ago

Welcome to the forum  :clap:  Nice document....

The BIABacus found here;   http://biabrewer.info/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1869" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
replaced the Calculator, it's going to be easier to use.

Let us know how the final product tastes  :drink:
MS

Return to “Brew Day Stories and/or Pics”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 6 guests