1st BIAB experience

If your thread is marked, "Moved," it means that it may also be of value in the forum it has been moved to.

Topic author
Tomas
Draft
Draft
United States of America
Region: USA & Canada
Preferred Brewing Method: Please select one from below...
City:

1st BIAB experience

Post by Tomas » 8 months ago

I brewed NRB's All Amarillo on 1/3/17.  Overall the experience was positive, although there's room for improvement.  I hit my volume targets :clap:  but missed the gravity estimates :sad: , although there's an issue with the temperature I took the measurements at, which I will correct on the next brew.  Not knowing exactly what to expect, I was surprised at how well it went.   :thumbs:
The beer's been in the fermenter for 11 days and has reached a final gravity of 1.010.  I'll transfer to a keg within the next couple of days & carbonate.  Appearance is extremely hazy & I may use gelatin after kegging.  Will make that decision after it's carbonated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jeatmon
Draft
Draft
United States of America
City:

Re: 1st BIAB experience

Post by jeatmon » 8 months ago

Nice set up Tomas.

What is the source of the rack frame materials?

Jim

Topic author
Tomas
Draft
Draft
United States of America
City:

Re: 1st BIAB experience

Post by Tomas » 8 months ago

Cart materials are from 80/20 Inc in Columbia City, IN. It's 1515-Lite t-slot aluminum extrusion, cut to my specs, counterbored for anchor fasteners connecting the legs & crossmembers, with legs tapped for threaded casters. Strong technical support from them while designing, good customer service & 2 day turnaround on multiple orders, as the project morphed after I got started. It was designed so each section could be at a different height, so if/when I might go electric, I can raise the kettle section to the same height as the other. If I were to ever go to a 3 kettle system, I can add 2 legs & 6 cross members & have a 24x72 work surface. The carbon water filter, the pump and the pump outlet/switch box are mounted to the frame. I fill the kettle in the garage & roll it about 75' outside to where my gas hookup is & then roll it back into the garage when hooking up the chiller.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Brew Day Stories and/or Pics”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 7 guests