Dudemanbro's First Post - Copied by Moderator

For those who use electricity to fire their BIAB brews.

Topic author
Dudemanbro
Draft
Draft
Region: Please select one...
Preferred Brewing Method: Please select one from below...
City:

Dudemanbro's First Post - Copied by Moderator

Post by Dudemanbro » 1 year ago

[MOD NOTE: I've copied Dudemandro's first post to this forum as there's a lot to cover. Immediately after his first post, I made some preliminary suggestions, however, as I'm unqualified in the electric area, I'll leave it up to you to ask for pics or any other relevant information.]

Hi all,

I enjoy home brewing and try and use the most easy and efficient way of brewing and BIAB has been perfect for me. I currently us an Anvil 7.5 gallon Boil kettle where I do my BIAB and I recently started using a HERMS coil that sits in a 4 gallon ss stock pot that's fitted with a 3500 watt electric heating element. I boil with 2000 watt induction plate. In conjunction with these I also use a plug and play auber PID controller to control mash temps and 1 small solar pump that's attached to the Anvils ball valve. I've always done biab and figured I could implement the ease of use in my current electric method. Since my foot print is small i normally do split a recipe but mash with more grain and tip up to 5 gallons. I have had a problem with efficiency doing it that way and have had problems with getting the correct numbers with no sparge . Any advice? I would also like to know if the biabacus would fit for my current system. Thanks!!

Vince

Oh by the way I'm in the military stationed overseas, married with a family and enjoy every minute of it.
Last edited by Dudemanbro on 02 Mar 2016, 21:04, edited 1 time in total.

Mad_Scientist
Gold
Gold
United States of America
Region: USA & Canada
Preferred Brewing Method: Single-Vessel All-Grain (SVA)
City:

Post by Mad_Scientist » 1 year ago

Welcome to the forum Vince ! :salute:

I :salute: you.

When you have a chance, download the BIABacus and enter a recipe and the numbers that you have for one of your last brews and post it here. BIABacus works for your system, no problem.

MS

Topic author
Dudemanbro
Draft
Draft
Region: Please select one...
Preferred Brewing Method: Please select one from below...
City:

Post by Dudemanbro » 1 year ago

Will do, thanks alot mad scientist!

Return to “Electric BIAB”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 6 guests