Fridge light on fermenter ok or not?

Also see Yeasts

Topic author
nosco
Gold
Gold
Australia
Region: Oceania
Preferred Brewing Method: Single-Vessel All-Grain (SVA)
City:

Fridge light on fermenter ok or not?

Post by nosco » 3 years ago

I just recently extended a bar fridge out to hold 2 fermenters (just in time my first bar fridge to die :sad: I was planning on having 3 going). Because the light switch is no longer controlled by the door the fridge light turns on when ever the stc1000 turns the fridge on. As its new I have no idea how long or how often it turns on.

I also have an pc fan inside with a blue LED to circulate air that is always on. Is this bad? Would either of these lights effects my ferms?

I know sunlight is bad and maybe extended exposure to fluro's is bad but what about a dim fridge light and a very dim blue LED? Its good to have some light in there to see whats goin on.

Cheers.
Last edited by nosco on 29 Apr 2014, 08:56, edited 1 time in total.
"Gentleman, when I first started Reynholm Industries, I had just two things in my possession: a simple dream, and six million pounds.

BobBrews
Gold
Gold
United States of America
Region: USA & Canada
City: Shantytown

Post by BobBrews » 3 years ago

nosco,

Sunlight skunks beer quickly. That is about all you have to worry about. A led light on a fan is no worries mate. Dark is best but we must have light to see what we are doing!
tap 1 Raspberry wine
tap 2 Bourbon Barrel Porter
tap 3 Czech Pilsner
tap 4 Triple IPA 11% ABV

Pipeline: Mulled Cider 10% ABV

http://cheesestradamus.com/ Brewers challenge!

Topic author
nosco
Gold
Gold
Australia
Region: Oceania
City:

Post by nosco » 3 years ago

Thanks Bob!

I only just thought of it tonight as put the temp down another notch. I have 2 brews in there that I dont want to waiste ( still building my reserves).

Thanks.
"Gentleman, when I first started Reynholm Industries, I had just two things in my possession: a simple dream, and six million pounds.

Return to “Fermentation (Wort to Still Beer)”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 5 guests