Appreciate the thought Mally.
I also have a source for some sturdy food grade containers but at the moment they are too big for my needs (100L I'd guess), but I reserved a couple anyway.
I think I'll just buy a couple of cubes.
Search found 6 matches
Thanks for the quick response Mally. I'm tending to agree now that I've mulled it over. By the time I've bought and tried a solvent, cleaned and sanitized, it would probably be cheaper and quicker to buy new. Also, I can keep the containers for next time we get snowed in and run out of fuel! I can't...
Hi all, I have four HDPE 25 litre "Jerry can" style containers that I'd like to re-use for no chill storage or fermentation. Problem is, they've previously been used to transport heating oil (Kerosene), all containers were rinsed after use and then stored for a good while now. I've checked that they...
Hi, Anyone from northeast uk? I'm just outside durham city and busy putting my BIAB kit together. Just need the pot, burner, regulator, hose, brewbag .......and a shed to brew it in. Seriously though, I should have the majority of this by the end of the month and can't wait to get started. Broonzy.
Hi all, I live just outside Durham in the North East of England and have been brewing on and off for around 15 years. I got back into the hobby seriously just over a year ago and have progressed from "off the shelf kits" to tweaking and then to extract recipes. I was so impressed with the leap in qu...
- Forum: BIABrewer.info and BIAB for New Members
- Topic: My First Post! - Post here to become Fully Registered
- Replies: 8948
- Views: 4195822
- 7 years ago
- Jump to post
- - The Site is Under Major Reconstruction so...
- - Registration Problems
- - Initial Posting Problems
- - Help for Draft, Craft and Gold Members
- Collect Your Site Keys Here - How to participate, access downloads and stay up to date.
- - BIABrewer.info Essentials
- - The Master Guide of BIAB Brewing
- - Important Notices
- BIABrewer Bar - Pull up a seat and relax
- - BIABrewer.info and BIAB for New Members
- - Brew Day Stories and/or Pics
- - Intermediate Brewing
- - BIABrewer Old Hands
- - General Chit-Chat, Nonsense & Rambles
- - BIAB - Region Specific Topics
- - - Africa
- - - Asia
- - - Australia & New Zealand
- - - Canada
- - - Central & South America
- - - Europe
- - - U.S.A.
- - Your Feedback
- Temporary Holding Forum
- - BIAB Recipes
- - Creating Your Own Recipes
- - Measurement, Mathematics and Records
- - Brewing Process and Terminology (Summary)
- - Bags, Mashers, Thermometers, Kettles etc.
- - Full-Volume Variations - FVV (diluting and/or sparging)
- - BIABAcus Help - Testing
- BIAB Kettle Options
- - Gas-Fired BIAB
- - Electric BIAB
- - Stove-top BIAB (also known as Mini-BIAB)
- - BIAB Automation
- The Brewing Process
- - Cleaning and Sanitisation
- - From Mash to Lauter (Water to Sweet Liquor)
- - Hopping
- - The Boil (Sweet Liquor to Wort)
- - Chilling
- - Fermentation (Wort to Still Beer)
- - Bottling
- - Kegging
- - Flat Beer to Beer
- - Beer Appreciation (incl. Fault Identification)
- Ingredients (Characteristics, Storage & Preparation)
- - Brewing Water
- - Grains (Malts), Extracts, Sugars and Adjuncts
- - Hops
- - Yeasts