For those that have electric elements in their kettles:
Do you unscrew the element and pull it from the kettle after every brew for cleaning? Intellectually it sounds like that's the way to go (clean clean clean everything always), but I'm wondering if it's overkill?
Search found 5 matches
Thanks for the heads up about being on different breakers: I read that somewhere else and I'm planning for it. As to why not using my stove: wife is not fond of hops smell permeating her kitchen. We also have a glass top stove, and to make sure I never have a boil-over on it is to not ever boil wort...
thughes, (can we just call you Fonzie?) Thanks for the reply. I have read some of your previous posts, and it's nice that I can sort things (on paper - in my head) because you have taken the time to post (and spend money experimenting!). So, perhaps 2 of those elements would get me to a boil? Or, it...
New to forum. I live in New York. Brewed many extract batches, but want to do all grain. I would love to do 10 gallon finished batches, but ......can't really afford to rewire my house so I can plug in a 3500 or 4500W element. (Also, can't imagine moving 10 gallons of wort/beer, and cleaning large e...
I'm living in up-state New York and want to get into BIAB. I have over 30 extract brews under my belt and want to improve my beer quality. However, I have a few questions before I buy a big pot.
- Forum: BIABrewer.info and BIAB for New Members
- Topic: My First Post! - Post here to become Fully Registered
- Replies: 8539
- Views: 1036671
- 4 years ago
- Jump to post
- - The Site is Under Major Reconstruction so...
- - Registration Problems
- - Initial Posting Problems
- - Help for Draft, Craft and Gold Members
- Collect Your Site Keys Here - How to participate, access downloads and stay up to date.
- - BIABrewer.info Essentials
- - The Master Guide of BIAB Brewing
- - Important Notices
- BIABrewer Bar - Pull up a seat and relax
- - BIABrewer.info and BIAB for New Members
- - Brew Day Stories and/or Pics
- - Intermediate Brewing
- - BIABrewer Old Hands
- - General Chit-Chat, Nonsense & Rambles
- - BIAB - Region Specific Topics
- - - Africa
- - - Asia
- - - Australia & New Zealand
- - - Canada
- - - Central & South America
- - - Europe
- - - U.S.A.
- - Your Feedback
- Temporary Holding Forum
- - BIAB Recipes
- - Creating Your Own Recipes
- - Measurement, Mathematics and Records
- - Brewing Process and Terminology (Summary)
- - Bags, Mashers, Thermometers, Kettles etc.
- - Full-Volume Variations - FVV (diluting and/or sparging)
- - BIABAcus Help - Testing
- BIAB Kettle Options
- - Gas-Fired BIAB
- - Electric BIAB
- - Stove-top BIAB (also known as Mini-BIAB)
- - BIAB Automation
- The Brewing Process
- - Cleaning and Sanitisation
- - From Mash to Lauter (Water to Sweet Liquor)
- - Hopping
- - The Boil (Sweet Liquor to Wort)
- - Chilling
- - Fermentation (Wort to Still Beer)
- - Bottling
- - Kegging
- - Flat Beer to Beer
- - Beer Appreciation (incl. Fault Identification)
- Ingredients (Characteristics, Storage & Preparation)
- - Brewing Water
- - Grains (Malts), Extracts, Sugars and Adjuncts
- - Hops
- - Yeasts