1st BIAB experience

Post #1 made 1 year ago
I brewed NRB's All Amarillo on 1/3/17.  Overall the experience was positive, although there's room for improvement.  I hit my volume targets :clap:  but missed the gravity estimates :sad: , although there's an issue with the temperature I took the measurements at, which I will correct on the next brew.  Not knowing exactly what to expect, I was surprised at how well it went.   :thumbs:
The beer's been in the fermenter for 11 days and has reached a final gravity of 1.010.  I'll transfer to a keg within the next couple of days & carbonate.  Appearance is extremely hazy & I may use gelatin after kegging.  Will make that decision after it's carbonated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
    • Over 5 Brews From United States of America

Re: 1st BIAB experience

Post #3 made 1 year ago
Cart materials are from 80/20 Inc in Columbia City, IN. It's 1515-Lite t-slot aluminum extrusion, cut to my specs, counterbored for anchor fasteners connecting the legs & crossmembers, with legs tapped for threaded casters. Strong technical support from them while designing, good customer service & 2 day turnaround on multiple orders, as the project morphed after I got started. It was designed so each section could be at a different height, so if/when I might go electric, I can raise the kettle section to the same height as the other. If I were to ever go to a 3 kettle system, I can add 2 legs & 6 cross members & have a 24x72 work surface. The carbon water filter, the pump and the pump outlet/switch box are mounted to the frame. I fill the kettle in the garage & roll it about 75' outside to where my gas hookup is & then roll it back into the garage when hooking up the chiller.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
    • Over 5 Brews From United States of America

Return to “Brew Day Stories and/or Pics”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 2 guests