Re: My Current equipment and process. 1st BIAB outcome etc.

Post #26 made 1 week ago
I just wanted to say, I'm still about and still brewing. Brewed my 8th BIAB yesterday, in the form of a Patersbier, and still getting excellent efficiency, allowing me to use less grain and get more beer into FV. The Patersbier I used 4k of Dingemans Pilsen malt, and got 23 litres of wort into the FV with an OG of 1.046. :peace: Using Maris Otter malt I get even better efficiency, as an example I brewed a golden ale with 3.6k of Maris Otter and 100g of Crystal malt, and got 21 litres into FV with an OG of 1.050.
TheWatchAle.jpg
Oh, and switching to whole hops worked a treat! No blocking during transfer, and after about a litre into the FV the wort runs clear. A bonus, I'm getting more wort out of the boiler and into the FV, losing only around 500mls to the trub. A heck of a mess left in the bottom of the boiler though, but better there than in the FV...
trub.jpg
I've purchased a large, 300 micron, hop bag for when I really need to use pellet hops, and will make sure to still use mainly whole hops with them, in order to form a filter bed on the bazooka.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
    • SVA Brewer With Under 5 Brews From Great Britain

Return to “BIABrewer.info and BIAB for New Members”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 1 guest