Post #6876 made 4 years ago
gday guys my name is wayne, im an aussie ive been registered here for a long time but this is my fist post as ive finally bitten the bullet and purchased a 71lt BIAB brewery to do 50lt batches. I know there will be lots of great information here and hope...eventually...that i can add to that...thanx again for a great site

Post #6877 made 4 years ago
Welcome to the site, bikerbred.

Lots of advice here, including on this thread. Let us know if any questions...
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From United States of America

Post #6878 made 4 years ago
Hi all,

Just found this site while researching BIAB, looks like I'll find everything I need to know.

Now looking for a recipe for my first all grain attempt, any suggestions for a fool proof good English ale?

Post #6880 made 4 years ago
Gday folks, BIABer from QLD in Australia. Been brewing for a couple of years but only seem to get the time to do it once a month or so.

I'm a sparky who works in Automation and Controls so looking to put together a sweet rig at some point if I can get it past the finance minister.

Post #6881 made 4 years ago
GSmoove - Graham.

1. Where are you from? Perth WA
2. How did you stumble across the site? Through a registered member
3. What you think of it so far? It's green, full of the info I need
4. Have you brewed at all before. If so, for how long and what method are you currently using? No, just bought a 48L urn, seeing what others have to say about what else is needed
5. Do you work? Are you retired or maybe you run a household? Nearly retired! Only 30 years to go...
Last edited by GSmoove on 16 Nov 2015, 09:59, edited 11 times in total.

Post #6883 made 4 years ago
Hello forum. I'm a video- & photographer from Helsinki, Finland. Looking forward to participate on the forum. I stumbled upon this site gathering information about BIAB. As i was an engineer in my previous career, i found biabrewer surfing the net for math required to build my own spreadsheet. There's many great sites, this is definitely one of them.

I've done a few brews before with extracts. So i'm studying the successes of others to lift my beers to a new level. I'm a newbie and on the verge of upgrading to all grain soon, starting with BIAB.

Post #6884 made 4 years ago
Welcome Beerspector! The engineers that I know tend to spend way too much time studying and researching something new instead of just diving in, don't be like them. Take a look at the BIABacus, get your gear together, and JUST BREW IT!

---Todd
WWBBD?
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #6886 made 4 years ago
hey all. andrew from california. been brewing about 6 years. extract then all-grain. just had my second child and time, space and money is limited so I'm looking at going a little smaller with my process while maintaining my all-grain setup with keggles and a cooler.

Interested in BIAB for 2.5 gallon batches to experiment a little more and brew after the family goes to bed.

Cheers and thanks for having me!

Post #6887 made 4 years ago
1. Where are you from? Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

2. How did you stumble across the site? I heard about it during a basic brewing podcast.

3. What you think of it so far? So far so good, looking forward to getting more in depth.

4. Have you brewed at all before. If so, for how long and what method are you currently using? Yup, for a few years. I started out extract, moved to BIAB, tried out various sparging methods, and am back with BIAB.

5. Do you work? Are you retired or maybe you run a household? Yup, I work as a financial planner and also do part-time/weekend with a renewabe energy company.

Post #6888 made 4 years ago
Welcome mandrewbot3k and BrodyR! Have a look around the site, grab the BIABacus if you haven't already, ask questions if you can't find something, and most of all, happy brewing!
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From Canada

Post #6889 made 4 years ago
1. Where are you from? Springfield, IL.

2. How did you stumble across the site? I was searching for a way to make my own Zombie Dust and hit on a recipe.

3. What you think of it so far? Great, so much to learn.

4. Have you brewed at all before. If so, for how long and what method are you currently using? Just starting out, I picked up a Northern Brewing kit for my first try.

5. Do you work? Are you retired or maybe you run a household? Yes, I'm in the technology field, got about ten years left to go.

-X

Post #6890 made 4 years ago
Welcome Xymph, glad you found us early on in your brewing career! Lots of great info here to get you started, and many knowledgeable brewers to answer questions if you have them. Home brewing is a great and satisfying hobby, I hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us!

Post #6891 made 4 years ago
1. Where are you from? Tn. USA
2. How did you stumble across the site? Homebrew Talk. I was looking for a biab calculator.
3. What you think of it so far?love it so far!
4. Have you brewed at all before. If so, for how long and what method are you currently using? I have been brewing for several years now all extract so far. First Biab soon!
5. Do you work? Are you retired or maybe you run a household? I own and operate a small Landscaping company.

Post #6892 made 4 years ago
Welcome MMA,

To get you Started, You can Download "BIABACUS" at http://www.biabrewer.info/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1869

and get "The BIABacus - Help" at http://biabrewer.info/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1863

and read the "Clear Brewing Terminology (CBT)" http://www.biabrewer.info/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2685

When you have Question, Just post them, and We can help you.
Honest Officer, I swear to Drunk, I am Not God.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #6893 made 4 years ago
Hello!

I'm from the UK and have been brewing for around four years. First three years I used canned kits, then the last year I've been doing extract - now I'd like to move to all-grain, and BIAB seems like a good fit for me. I like my brewing simple, with the least fuss and the least mess!

I first heard about BIAB from Greg Hughes' book, Home Brew Beer, but I really became interested in it after reading about it on Brulosophy, which linked here.

Being one of those people who likes to understand the theory before I try it out, I'm looking forward to learning more about BIAB in preparation for taking the plunge into all-grain brewing.

Cheers,

onesecondglance
Last edited by onesecondglance on 19 Nov 2015, 00:48, edited 11 times in total.

Post #6895 made 4 years ago
onesecondglance, welcome aboard! You have come to the right place if you want to learn more about BIAB, there is tons to learn here. BIAB is a great way to get in to all grain, good luck with it and happy brewing!

Post #6898 made 4 years ago
Hi Broin, welcome aboard! BIAB is awesome I agree :) There are lots of clever solutions here, BIABacus is many all in one spreadsheet. As far as lack of efficiency, I think you may find that is a myth with BIAB in most cases, unless 85% or higher (kettle efficiency) is lacking compared to what you are used to. Anyway, lots of info here and lots of helpful BIABers, I hope you find the solutions you seek. Happy Brewing!

Post #6899 made 4 years ago
Hello BIABers! I began brewing extracts years ago but got out due to the low quality results and labor involved in bottling. This time around I'm going straight to extracts and kegs and BIAB seems the way to go for both simplicity and equipment cost. From what I've seen so far this board is THE home of BIAB and will be my "go to" resource. Thanks to everyone for sharing their knowledge. Hopefully I can contribute something eventually - even if it's my mistakes!

CharlieZoner

Post #6900 made 4 years ago
Hey Charliezoner,

Welcome to the forum! I had a similar path to BIAB. In the old days, some were good, some bad and some mediocre. And I hated bottling. Told myself would only go back to it with Kegging. That's what I do now. My results with BIAB are much better! (Of course I've studied a ton, much reading the Biabrewer.info forums here, books and communication with other Brewers here, etc.).

Anyhow, welcome and let us know what questions you have.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From United States of America

Return to “BIABrewer.info and BIAB for New Members”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 12 guests