Post #7776 made 2 years ago
Hi everyone,

I'm a french Canadian startin with BIAB. I have a little bit of experience in traditionnel all grain homebrewing with friends, but now I would like to brew smaller barches on my cookstove. BIAB seem to be a great way to acheive this at minimal price.

This forum looks awsome and will be of great help in my new hobby!

Peter

Post #7777 made 2 years ago
Welcome Peter! For sure poke around, as there is lots of info here. Let us know if you have questions, and let us know how your brew session goes.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From United States of America

Re: My First Post! - Post here to become Fully Registered

Post #7778 made 2 years ago
Hello, everyone. I'm from the US and have only brewed a few batches so far. I've done a few partial mashes and my first AG will be kegged tomorrow afternoon. I've been able to borrow a friend's Grainfather for my last two batches, but alas, he wants it back soon. I've been wanting to do some small batches (1-2 gallons) to find a recipe that my girlfriend likes before committing to a 5 gallon brew day. BIAB sounds perfect for what I want to accomplish.

Steve

My 1st Post

Post #7781 made 2 years ago
Hey guys,
My name is Chris and I live in South Jersey, USA. I was introduced home brewing about 15 years ago by a co-worker and have made a quite a few terrific beers over the years, first with extract then mini mashes and progressed into all grain. I currently have a 30 gallon/120 liter single tier three vessel (all electric) HERMS system that I have brewed with for a couple of years. Due to the size of the system (back porch brewing only), the amount of time required for setup and cleanup, I decided to build a smaller system that that I could use year round and from the comfort of inside my home. For those reasons, I decided to build a recirculating eBIAB (basket) brewing sytstem.  My kettle is a 15 gallon kettle from SS Brewtech (15.7 gallon total volume). I am using a custom made, solid sided brew basket from Colorado Brewing in leu of the bag. Since I am new to BIAB, I am looking forward to learning a bunch from the members of your site.
Cheers!                                                                                                                                                                  Chris
    • Over 5 Brews From United States of America

Post #7782 made 2 years ago
Hello, greetings from Uruguay. I found this forum when looking for info on the BIAB method, and it seems to be a lot of knowledge here. Did my first BIAB today -- which was also my first brew ever, other than some spillage when squeezing the bag, I think it turned out well, measurements come out good. I want to improve my efficiency -- got 65% today, which I guess is fine for the first time but from what I seem I should be able to do better.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 5 Brews From Uruguay

Post #7786 made 2 years ago
Welcome to a few new people who may have been overlooked. That includes Gerry, Chris, and tizoc from Uruguay.

Gerry - look for maxi-BIAB and mini-BIAB topics in the forum posts regarding really small batches.

Chris - Wow, make sure you have enough vertical space (and strength) to lift your brew basket from the 15 gallon kettle inside your home. A bag might need less of both.

tizoc - You are on your way to making great beer.

You can Download the BIABacus spreadsheet http://biabrewer.info/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1869
and get The BIABacus Help http://biabrewer.info/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1863
and read the Clear Brewing Terminology (CBT)  http://biabrewer.info/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2685
Last edited by ShorePoints on 29 Nov 2016, 02:45, edited 11 times in total.

Post #7789 made 2 years ago
thughes wrote:Welcome BeerisGOD, BIAB is as popular as ever these days! There are old posts, new posts, even some nonsense posts, have a look around and do not hesitate to ask questions.

---Todd
Cheers Todd
be good to see if theres some decent recipes with step by step guides on here. I've realized although i cant do big volume AG's i can still get away with smaller batches using my 12l stock pot. i came across the BIABacus last night which looks like it can work out ratio's and what not to achieve whatever size i choose
Chris

Post #7791 made 2 years ago
Hello to Davo_75. We would like to know some more about you and your brewing story.

Welcome Sean from Newcastle UK.
You are on the well-worn path that so many of us have taken to get to All Grain brewing. BIAB is the best way to learn the process. Read lots. Ask questions.

Greetings to Lowcliff from Nottinghamshire England!
 If only I had known about BIAB in the 1970's! You have some experience, so learning the BIAB method will go quickly once you get underway. Look around the forum for information and topics that are different to what you did long ago.
Last edited by ShorePoints on 30 Nov 2016, 23:46, edited 1 time in total.

Post #7792 made 2 years ago
Greetings from Soutth Brazil.

I've been doing AG multi-vessel batches at a friend's house for a couple of years.
Now that I have more confidence I decided to brew by myself at my condo (and of course I chose the BIAB method).
I'll be trying out 20 L batches using a 15 gal (60 L) SS Brewtech kettle on my stove top with the help of a heat stick!

Lots of good info here!
Regards,
Mateus
    • BME Brewer With Over 5 Brews From Brazil

Post #7797 made 1 year ago
Hi all
First post ahead, I'm a fairly new brewer from Sweden with 6 sessions, of the brewing kind, under my belt. All of  them bbiab which suits me well since I like the simplicity and the fact that I rarely put more than 15 litres in the fermenting bucket. I found a link to this site on one of the larger Swedish home brewing forums and i really like what i have been reading for some time now and as of today i decided that it was time to join this merry crew.

Cheers!
Doc
    • BME Brewer With Over 5 Brews From Sweden

Post #7798 made 1 year ago
Welcome aboard Doc DrG  :thumbs: The board is going through a major re-work atm, this will mean easy access to information.  In the meantime and always, please ask any questions you might have.  We love to hear from you in the future. :clap:
MS
Last edited by Mad_Scientist on 03 Dec 2016, 23:12, edited 1 time in total.
Brewing with MS; https://goo.gl/photos/puZUgG8QRp7p8gLd9
    • SVA Brewer With Over 100 Brews From United States of America

Post #7799 made 1 year ago
Mad_Scientist wrote:Welcome aboard Doc DrG  :thumbs: The board is going through a major re-work atm, this will mean easy access to information.  In the meantime and always, please ask any questions you might have.  We love to hear from you in the future. :clap:
MS
Thanks a lot for the warm welcome MS, sounds great that things are revamped to the better, up an onwards ;) .
Doc
    • BME Brewer With Over 5 Brews From Sweden

Return to “BIABrewer.info and BIAB for New Members”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 10 guests