I got ya! I see what you are saying, nice explanation and thanks again.Rick wrote:I think you mean Sec. C? This is because the original batch size is 5G. Yours is 6.12G, scaling up needs more ingredients.bworek1 wrote: First off thank you. I adjust the information in section Y like you stated. Also, you stated that my grain totals were less than the original recipe. I am showing the opposite in section D.
- Delete tinseth information in Sec. D. Type in 18.93L in Sec. D's I'm copying recipe from external source in its place.
- Type in 16.21L in Sec B's Desired VIF. (This brings EOBV-A to 5G "batch size")
- Erase Sec. Y information.
- override kettle efficiency (set it to 75% in sec. X)
Now you'll see that all of the hop information is balanced from one side to the next although IBU's go a bit higher than you had them. Trivial amount, IMO.
You will also see that the grain bill matches the original recipe now that the volumes are the same. Whether intentional or not, you scaled the recipe to produce more beer, correctly.
Post #51 made 4 years ago
Last edited by bworek1 on 12 Feb 2014, 01:31, edited 2 times in total.