Trouble posting pictures

Post #1 made 8 years ago
So i cant seem to get a picture into a post. :sneak: Ive got them on my computer here, but its NOT WORKING! :cry: how should this be done?
Last edited by 2trout on 03 May 2011, 04:11, edited 5 times in total.
"All I know is that the beer is good and people clamor for it. OK, it's free and that has something to do with it."
Bobbrews
    • BME Brewer With Over 5 Brews From United States of America

Post #4 made 8 years ago
Mad_Scientist wrote:Upload attachment section
Filename <click on Browse> drill to your .jpg picture
File comment <click on Add the file>
Attachments <click on Place inline>
This will add the neccessary codes into the posting area.
<click on preview>
<click on submit>
Just wanted to try this and thought this would be a good post to try it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kmcace on 17 Jun 2011, 01:13, edited 5 times in total.

Post #5 made 8 years ago
Where/what is the upload attachment section?I just finally found the Donate button!
Okay,I got looking around and it looks like maybe I'll need Pat's reluctant permission.
AWOL

Post #6 made 8 years ago
G'day Lylo,
when you click on the "post reply" button (or if you write in quick reply press full editor) you will find a section under the main text box with the heading "upload attachment", you can then follow the instructions as per Mad Scientist.
Cheers wiz :drink:
[center]"All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer."
[/center]

[center]Homer Simpson[/center]
[center]K.I.S.S., B.I.A.B.[/center]

Post #8 made 8 years ago
Ok, I've had that, I just go into paint and resize it until I get a file that is small enough, on high quality photos I resize to 25-50% of original. Its a bit of a stuff around to start with but once you get used to it it's pretty easy.
[center]"All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer."
[/center]

[center]Homer Simpson[/center]
[center]K.I.S.S., B.I.A.B.[/center]

Post #9 made 8 years ago
Lylo wrote:Okay,I got looking around and it looks like maybe I'll need Pat's reluctant permission.
LOL! While, I have been enjoying the pics you keep sending me of your girlfriend unfortunately they are unsuitable for the forum. Brew pics etc are fine though you will have to resize them as wizard has said.

I'll write a post on resizing pictures when I get a little more time but here are some possibilities for you in the meantime...

1. Use Paint as wizard described above.
2. Use a photo program such as Microsoft Picture Manager to edit (resize) as 'suitable for forums.' Save the resized picture as a different name so you don't lose your original.
3. Use an online service such as ImageShack to resize and host the pictures.

Even big pictures (4 megabytes) show up well on a forum when resized to say 80 kilobytes.

Cheers,
Pat
Last edited by Pat on 17 Jun 2011, 22:08, edited 5 times in total.
Are you a "Goodwill Brewer?" Pay forward and Buy Some BIPs ;)

Post #11 made 8 years ago
If they're not in jpg/jpeg format make sure you save them that way as it's a 20:1 reduction for virtually no visible difference
Fermenting: -
Cubed: -
Stirplate: -
On Tap: NS Summer Ale III (WY1272), Landlord III (WY1469), Fighter's 70/- II (WY1272), Roast Porter (WY1028), Cider, Soda
Next: Munich Helles III

5/7/12

Return to “BIABrewer.info and BIAB for New Members”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 19 guests