All brewers, new and experienced, are encouraged to start new topics in this section provided they have read the below. This section of the forum is still being structured. Note that this section needs to make the following points...
1. This section will probably best be written as a series of several stickies. Do not lock the topics but "clean," the thread regularly.
2. Calibration - Volumes of vessels, thermometers and hydrometers.
3. The following write could help somewhere...
New brewers can get quite caught up in analyzing single efficiency figure. It is not wise to do this. A single efficiency figure is based on a gravity reading and a volume reading. As many things can go wrong when taking these, they can often be very inaccurate.
BIABrewer does encourage new brewers to take readings and record them when they are mentioned in The Commentary BUT does not encourage analyzing these figures to any great degree until after you have done 5 or 10 brews. These figures, when averaged, will then have become valuable and your experience at taking readings will also have developed.
All brewers, new and experienced, are encouraged to start new topics in this section provided they have read the above.
- - The Site is Under Major Reconstruction so...
- - Registration Problems
- - Initial Posting Problems
- - Help for Draft, Craft and Gold Members
- Collect Your Site Keys Here - How to participate, access downloads and stay up to date.
- - BIABrewer.info Essentials
- - The Master Guide of BIAB Brewing
- - Important Notices
- BIABrewer Bar - Pull up a seat and relax
- - BIABrewer.info and BIAB for New Members
- - Brew Day Stories and/or Pics
- - Intermediate Brewing
- - BIABrewer Old Hands
- - General Chit-Chat, Nonsense & Rambles
- - BIAB - Region Specific Topics
- - - Africa
- - - Asia
- - - Australia & New Zealand
- - - Canada
- - - Central & South America
- - - Europe
- - - U.S.A.
- - Your Feedback
- Temporary Holding Forum
- - BIAB Recipes
- - Creating Your Own Recipes
- - Measurement, Mathematics and Records
- - Brewing Process and Terminology (Summary)
- - Bags, Mashers, Thermometers, Kettles etc.
- - Full-Volume Variations - FVV (diluting and/or sparging)
- - BIABAcus Help - Testing
- BIAB Kettle Options
- - Gas-Fired BIAB
- - Electric BIAB
- - Stove-top BIAB (also known as Mini-BIAB)
- - BIAB Automation
- The Brewing Process
- - Cleaning and Sanitisation
- - From Mash to Lauter (Water to Sweet Liquor)
- - Hopping
- - The Boil (Sweet Liquor to Wort)
- - Chilling
- - Fermentation (Wort to Still Beer)
- - Bottling
- - Kegging
- - Flat Beer to Beer
- - Beer Appreciation (incl. Fault Identification)
- Ingredients (Characteristics, Storage & Preparation)
- - Brewing Water
- - Grains (Malts), Extracts, Sugars and Adjuncts
- - Hops
- - Yeasts