This is my OTT Fermentation Chamber. It took me 3 weeks to make it.
For heat only. I live in England.
It has a 120 watt tube heater that has to be hung horizontally.
A fan to distribute the warm air. I’m using a stir plate I built for the time being.
There is fibreglass insulation in the base and above it. The walls and the inside of the doors have celotex. I sealed any gaps with silicone.
It has a STC1000 Temperature controller.
A double socket. One socket for the tube heater and one socket for the fan. So when the heater is switched on the fan comes on.
I can get 3 fermentation buckets/vessels in it.
On the right hand bucket you can see a black temperature gauge that sends the temperature to a base station. This saves me from keep opening the door.
The handles on the doors I made from an old coffee table. The pieces of ply that are stuck on the doors are to protect the doors when I hit them shut with a rubber mallet.
The four gang extension cable pinned to the wall has the STC1000 plugged in to it. The STC1000 plug has a 3 amp fuse. The extension cable has a 3 amp fuse.
The STC1000 sensor is in a thermowell which is in a small container of water/starsan mix. I need to change this container to a large one.
There is a six gang extension cable plugged in to the four gang extension cable. I can plug six stir plates into this.
- - The Site is Under Major Reconstruction so...
- - Registration Problems
- - Initial Posting Problems
- - Help for Draft, Craft and Gold Members
- Collect Your Site Keys Here - How to participate, access downloads and stay up to date.
- - BIABrewer.info Essentials
- - The Master Guide of BIAB Brewing
- - Important Notices
- BIABrewer Bar - Pull up a seat and relax
- - BIABrewer.info and BIAB for New Members
- - Brew Day Stories and/or Pics
- - Intermediate Brewing
- - BIABrewer Old Hands
- - General Chit-Chat, Nonsense & Rambles
- - BIAB - Region Specific Topics
- - - Africa
- - - Asia
- - - Australia & New Zealand
- - - Canada
- - - Central & South America
- - - Europe
- - - U.S.A.
- - Your Feedback
- Temporary Holding Forum
- - BIAB Recipes
- - Creating Your Own Recipes
- - Measurement, Mathematics and Records
- - Brewing Process and Terminology (Summary)
- - Bags, Mashers, Thermometers, Kettles etc.
- - Full-Volume Variations - FVV (diluting and/or sparging)
- - BIABAcus Help - Testing
- BIAB Kettle Options
- - Gas-Fired BIAB
- - Electric BIAB
- - Stove-top BIAB (also known as Mini-BIAB)
- - BIAB Automation
- The Brewing Process
- - Cleaning and Sanitisation
- - From Mash to Lauter (Water to Sweet Liquor)
- - Hopping
- - The Boil (Sweet Liquor to Wort)
- - Chilling
- - Fermentation (Wort to Still Beer)
- - Bottling
- - Kegging
- - Flat Beer to Beer
- - Beer Appreciation (incl. Fault Identification)
- Ingredients (Characteristics, Storage & Preparation)
- - Brewing Water
- - Grains (Malts), Extracts, Sugars and Adjuncts
- - Hops
- - Yeasts