Re: My First Post! - Post here to become Fully Registered

Post #8526 made 3 weeks ago
Welcome!

Deaconjanuary - Things in home brewing keep changing. Read lots of stuff on this forum for solid information, especially about BIAB. This is where it is done, not just talked about.

Hello, Corne. We enjoyed some great beers in Amsterdam and Haarlem not too long ago. When you start to buy equipment for brewing, read some posts on this forum. You can start brewing beer with less expense and less equipment by brewing all grain batches using BIAB. Ask questions, you will get answers. I have s 38.4 L kettle and I do not think I will need more than that. Scott will encourage you to get a bigger kettle (56.8 L). Some things you must decide for yourself.

Greetings to Sk3pt1c. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania might be known for Iron City Beer, but you don’t have to make that at home. Read, read, read. A long brew day and two weeks of fermentation might save an hour of reading time to learn the same thing. Ask question, too.

Post #8528 made 2 weeks ago
Hi Folks,

Planning my kit list and first brew so still researching before making any purchases. I really want to keep things simple at first before hopefully going down the "tinkering with equipment" road. I've acquired a 35L SS stock pot but really only plan on producing 10L batches (to be bottled). This is for reasons of wanting to learn quickly by carrying out multiple regular brews, and being more interested in quality over quantity. I can always scale up to produce a bigger batch of some master creation if the time comes ;-) Anyway, looking forward to my journey of learning, and to hopefully be able to advice newcomers on the forum sometime in the future!

Alan

Post #8529 made 2 weeks ago
Good morning / afternoon / evening - as the case maybe.....

Just now adding my introduction post so I can hopefully become a contributing member of this community.

I have been homebrewing for almost 10 years now, and have had/built many different brewing systems. I am in the process of downsizing my life and so I am trying to sell my current rig, a 2 vessel, flexible eRims BIAB / Brutus 20 counter circulation set up with a 2 PID controller. It has been my pride and joy for the last few years, but she takes up a large footprint.

I will be replacing it with a eBIAB built around a 15g SS BrewTech and Boil coil.

I am what I like to call a "Displaced Texan" I currently live in Colorado, with no signs of moving....I was in the US Army for 20 years and just recently retired from Service.
I am on my back to school next month for Computer Science, and just moved into a new house.

I also like to smoke cigars, play Cornhole, and cook meat on open flames......

I found you guys while looking for BIABcalculators, to help me get started.
Currently researching Full Volume vs. Dunk sparging, and trying to decide it I want to add the extra step.

I hope to become a helpful member here, and look forward to learning new things

T
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Simple Worksheet for your brew-day.
Did not import to docs well, I can email if you like
    • SVA Brewer With Over 20 Brews From United States of America

Post #8530 made 2 weeks ago
Hello mdget, Alan, and TMX, and welcome to the forum!

TMX - Thank you for your service! As for the things you are currently researching, I recommend going the full volume mash route. If you search around this site you should be able to find lots of reasons why. Simpler to get good results. PistolPatch has written about that quite extensively.

Sounds like all of you are on the right path. If questions you can’t find an answer for, post a new question in the BIAB for New Brewers section and one of will be along to assist. And let us know how it goes....

:luck:

Post #8532 made 2 weeks ago
Welcome to the forum, Dory Rules. There’s a lot to learn and do before you get to beer. Read before buying equipment so that you get what will work for you. Visualize yourself doing each step.
Clear Brewing Terminology will help us communicate and get the BIABacus to set up your recipe for your kit. Search those topics in the search field in the upper right side and ask questions. It will take some time, but you will get to beer. :drink:

Post #8533 made 2 weeks ago
Dory Rules wrote:
2 weeks ago
Brand new to the hobby. Found this site as a referral from Homebrewtalk.
Welcome to the amazing world of Brewing!
I'm on HBT as well.
Ask for help first, not how to fix after.....

TMX
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Simple Worksheet for your brew-day.
Did not import to docs well, I can email if you like

Return to “BIABrewer.info and BIAB for New Members”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: Pinchons and 11 guests