Re: My First Post! - Post here to become Fully Registered

Post #8801 made 1 month ago
Hello @menocchio and @Evan and welcome to the forum!

Evan - I brew lots of Pilsners; got a Czech Pilsner on tap now and a German Pils in the fermenter, and a Munich Helles (similar style) also on tap and almost all gone.

And yes, our BIABacus tool is a super good help when brewing. You will want to review the CBT - Clear Brewing Terminology section to get explanation of terms,

Let us know if there are any questions.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From United States of America

Post #8803 made 1 month ago
Hi. I live in Whitley Bay, northeast England.
Until a couple of months ago, I'd never brewed beer, not even from a kit.
But I love a decent pint and for a long time fancied the idea of brewing beer from scratch. The jargon always put me off, however, along with all the equipment I assumed I'd have to buy.
But then I came across one gallon batch brewing and BIAB on the internet, I grabbed the pot I use for making marmalade, picked up a gallon demijohn & was away.
I started off with a BIAB IPA one gallon kit I got through Ebay and was fairly happy with the results. (It tasted of beer, in spite of not having a head)
I've since gone on to brew a best bitter (currently bottle conditioning) and I've got a beer fermenting I brewed using a Graham Wheeler recipe of a beer first drunk as an underage 17 year old in Stourbridge. (https://bathams.co.uk/ - made me who I am today!)
While I still want to continue using my 10lt pot, to experiment and brew one off beers - barley wine, porters etc. I've now got the bug & scaled up, converting a 30lt tea urn into a boiler and getting hold of a corny keg, in order to have beer for the short summers we get up here.
I've registered on this site, because I want to have a better idea of how to brew consistent good quality beer & also pick up tips from people who actually know what they're talking about.
    • SVA Brewer With Under 5 Brews From Great Britain

Post #8804 made 1 month ago
Hello @Asdam and @Jonnybee - welcome to the site!

Assam - if you use the free BIABacus tool it will make all those estimates for you.

Both of you should read up on the section for beginners. In addition the terminology page is super helpful. There has been lots of excellent advice given in response to questions. The site is a great resource.

Let us know if you have any questions.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From United States of America

Return to “BIABrewer.info and BIAB for New Members”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 22 guests