Re: My First Post! - Post here to become Fully Registered

Post #8653 made 1 week ago
Greetings, Coopermanbeith - An excellent choice of activity for us retirees, brewing beer via BIAB. :party:

Take a look around the forum, read things about kettle size and bag thread count, 90 minute mash and 90 minute boil, crush size for the grist and sanitizing. After that, you can ask questions regarding equipment purchases and the BIABacus spreadsheet and you will be on your way. There is a lot of stuff to do, but it is well worth it because you end up with beer. :drink:

Post #8656 made 4 days ago
Hello,

I have ordered brand new gear to start brewing.

Also ordered all the ingredients for my first brew, the amarillo apa.

Now I was wondering if it possible to add some extra taste to it, "tangarine/grapefruit/lemon"
Had someone experienced with it and wich is the best to flavour with the hops?
How much to add at the end of the boil for a 23l bath?

The reason is because at the moment I'm traveling through new zealand and love a particular APA called " MOA big sky APA" and love the flavours, so maybe I could try it in the amarillo apa?
Any thoughts about this?

Thanks

Post #8657 made 4 days ago
If you love the beer, can find out what sort of flavor hops are used and purchase some... Always can change hops. There are many good ones.

The BIABacus file that @ShorePoints recommended to you is really a phenomenal tool to help you with brewing and figuring out exactly how much to use, etc.

If questions on it, feel free to start a new post in the beginners section. Fill out and figure out what you can and we can help fill in around the edges...remaining questions, etc.
    • SVA Brewer With Over 50 Brews From United States of America

Post #8658 made 1 day ago
Hey all, I'm a brand new brewer. Been into craft beer and ales for a couple years now, and my fiancee has got me a BIAB starter kit (after much deliberation as to what kind of home brew kit I should get) for xmas.

1. Where are you from?
Scotland

2. How did you stumble across the site?
Seen a few people recommending the Abacus for BIAB, and I want to do full volume instead of any sparge, so the I was pointed in this direction to help me there

3. What you think of it so far?
Hoping it's going to be a good resource!

4. Have you brewed at all before. If so, for how long and what method are you currently using?
Never, not even no boil kits.

5. Do you work? Are you retired or maybe you run a household?
Working full time in IT
    • SVA Brewer With Under 5 Brews From Great Britain

Return to “BIABrewer.info and BIAB for New Members”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 21 guests