Re: My First Post! - Post here to become Fully Registered

Post #8751 made 3 weeks ago
Howdy Everyone. My name's Matt and I live in Yorkshire in the UK. Fairly new to brewing...in fact I did my first BIAB attempt yesterday using a Northern Brewer Dead Ringer IPA BIAB kit and a new shiny Klarstein Maischfest boiler that I bought a few weeks ago. Didn't go to badly but let's see how it drinks :)

I travel a fair bit with work so bring hauls of US craft beer back to the UK on a regular basis.......my brewing aims are to nail a coconut imperial stout and a mango IPA.

Cheers,

Matt
    • SVA Brewer With Under 5 Brews From Great Britain

Post #8753 made 2 weeks ago
Hi, I'm Benja, I live in Queensland, Australia. I've been brewing for years, but have never made the jump to all grain.
I recently acquired an urn, so am looking to do my first all grain brew in a bag. Can't wait to use the BIABacus tool to formulate my first brew, I've got a few things in mind but it'll depend on what of my current beers I run out of first!
Looking forward to your assistance, and some delicious beers too.

Cheers
    • FWK Brewer With Over 20 Brews From Australia

Post #8755 made 3 days ago
Hi

Sparkie here from sunny Northern Ireland, I’m quite new to brewing I’ve only done 3 brews so far all extract kits. 1st was an Amber Ale and was a disaster, 2nd a Tequila flavoured beer turned out ok but very sweet and not to my taste so hoping for 3rd time lucky (Coopers European Lager still in the FV). I’ve been considering All Grain for a while and due to space I’m thinking BIAB or Single Vessel May suit the best. Can’t wait to get started and get some greats tips and tricks from all you master brewers. 🍻
    • Under 5 Brews From Great Britain

Post #8756 made 2 days ago
Hey all,
Really excited to be on board: I'm from Wales, stumbled across the site as I kept hearing mention of a BIABacus, and guessed I needed to register as to get access.
I'm loving the site, although unsure where to find good recipes.
I've brewed fruit wines in the past, but no beer. However am excited to get stuck in.
My job is in philosophy, (yes, people will actually pay you to do that: Yes, not much)
Thanks guys, and looking forward to get stuck in.
    • SVA Brewer With Under 5 Brews From Wales

Post #8757 made 2 days ago
Hey everyone

I am Mark, just getting into BIAB after initially learning on extract.

1. Where are you from? - Los Angeles, CA
2. How did you stumble across the site? - I can't remember but on another forum
3. What you think of it so far? - looks good!
4. Have you brewed at all before. If so, for how long and what method are you currently using? - yes, for about a year and a few months - extract so far.
5. Do you work? Are you retired or maybe you run a household? - yeah I work kind of a lot haha I work in software development
    • SVA Brewer From United States of America

Post #8758 made 2 days ago
Hello, Sparkle from Northern Ireland.
It wasn't sunny during the week I visited Belfast. Was there a break in the clouds? Your experience is not uncommon - a few kits with some ups and downs while learning a process. You have already learned about waiting for a long time to taste the results of a brew day. Stepping in to All-Grain with BIAB is a great way to go. Read a lot of topics on this forum and ask questions. Get the right bag and scale your recipe to your kit using the BIABacus and post your file for comments. You will get beer eventually.

Hello, johnthebap from Wales.
You have successfully registered and now can get the BIABacus spreadsheet at http://www.biabrewer.info/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1869 Always save files with the .xls extension at the end of your filename, it will save you from future problems. Do give it some time to figure it out, ask questions if you want help. I find it useful for scaling recipes from weights of grain given for brewing vastly different sizes and also when all I have is percentages of grains in a recipe. There are a limited number of recipes on this site at viewforum.php?f=7 compared to other sources. I don't have an explanation for the small number other than people here are maybe more process-oriented and can adapt recipes from anywhere else to BIAB. :scratch: The power to adapt almost anything might lessen the need to share a specific recipe. Is that enough of a philosophical question? :think:

Hello, Mark from Los Angeles, USA.
Most of us moved to All-Grain after some extract brews. There is something about starting from crushed grain rather than dry powder or 40Weight syrup that feels better. Tastes better, too. :drink: Just plot out your brew day steps and do things at the proper times and you will be fine. There will be times without action and there will be very busy times, too. Check out viewforum.php?f=145 for terminology that makes things clear.
    • BME Brewer With Over 20 Brews From United States of America

Return to “BIABrewer.info and BIAB for New Members”

Brewers Online

Brewers browsing this forum: No members and 12 guests